Anne-Britt Kristiansen has an Education in Fine Art from DTK (Det Tverrfaglige Kunsinstitutt) in Norway. She is a full time freelance artist living in Oslo. She works with paintings , photography and graphics.
Anne-Britt’s main passion lies in capturing the human condition in unique, challenging situations. Her work is often inspired by photos she has taken herself or autobiographical material from her own family photo album. She is fascinated with the retrospective glance.
Getting inspiration from her photos and using that for her paintings, that picture has the opportunity to change from its original form while simultaneously pointing back to its origin. The finished painting can bring about traces of recognition of a scene from the viewer’s own family album or memories. She seeks to evoke an empathy the viewer can mirror themselves.
Anne-Britt’s art has a collage of impulses from the fantasy world of the subconscious mind. She is preoccupied by the border between dream and reality, specifically the art of relinquishing control of one’s rationality and giving up to the free flow of impulses from the subconscious.
The common denominator of Anne-Britt’s art is that she tries to show parts or fragments of something allowing the viewer to put his or her own story in the painting. She suggests scenes we can recall having seen or experienced, moments that disappeared and unclear memories. By using disaggregated blurred lines, reshuffling sequences and switching between external and internal barriers she finds a tension between the abstract and figurative.
Her paintings are built up of several layers of acrylic paint. Layers that hide other layers. Things are often painted over, removed or corrected. She uses colours to reinforce the expression and materials such as plaster, coal, silk paper, and fabrics to achieve special textures.
- 2013-14 Scholarship Norwegian Printmakers
- 2013 Nontoxic Printmaking Workshop Keith Howard and Bernice Cross
- 2012 Photopolymer Norwegian Printmakers
- 2012 Workshop Lisboa and Cascais. Graphics and drawing DTK
- 2011 Workshop London. The Royal Academy of Art School
- 2011 Photo workshop. Tutors: Marco Delogu (Italy) and Guy Tillim (South Africa)
- 2010 Screenprint. Norwegian Printmakers Tutored by Victoria M Fuhr
- 2009 Gravure I, drypoint and etching. Gravure II, aquatint. Gravure III, colour graphics Norwegian Printmakers. Tutored by Leong Va
- 2009 Tutored by Bente Bøyesen and Esther Bjørneboe under the auspices of Galleri Semmingsen
- 2009 Photo- Litho Norwegian Printmakers. Tutored by Kari Hauge
- 2009 Lithography 1 and 2. Norwegian Printmakers. Tutored by Kari Hauge
- 2008 Photo Workshop Italia, Tutored by Morten Krogvold
- 2002-2005 Oslo Interdisciplinary Art Institute. Advanced Art Study
- 2006-2016 Artist.
- 2003-2007 The Gorbachev Foundation Official Photographer World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates
- 2002 Clowns sans Frontier. Official Photographer visiting 11 Palestinian refugee camps in Jordan
- 2001 Project leader Kajak Television AB Stockholm and freelance photographer.
- 1997-2000 Production Manager Median A/S Travel Vision A/S Live news and information channel on moving objects. Arlandabanan
- 1997 Channel Gøteborg Eklundgruppen Production Manager BLN Television Editorial
- 1993-1996 Project Leader/Production Manager TVNorge (TV Norway)
- 2013-14 Scholarship by Norwegian Printmakers in Oslo
- 2017 Town Hall Gallery
- 2015 Galleri Skallum
- 2014 Town Hall Gallery
- 2013 Galleri FN 7
- 2012 Hospice Stabekk
- 2011 Det Gule Gallery Stavern
- 2011 Spydeberg Art Assosiation
- 2010 Smia Gallery
- 2006-16 Bogstad Gallery
- 2015 ONGallery Limited London England
- 2015 Høstutstillingen Beito 950 moh
- 2015 Bærums Værk Lions
- 2014 Oslo Fjord Art Center
- 2013 BKiB Bærum Art Association
- 2013 Town Hall Gallery
- 2013 Langhus Lions Club
- 2011-15 Lilleaker Lions
- 2012 Oppegård Art Association
- 2011 PHC Capalbio Fotografia Italy Photo Exhibition
- 2010 Town Hall Gallery
- 2008 Pietrasanta Italia Photo Exhibition
- 2004-5 Bærum Culture House
- 2003-5 Oslo interdisciplinary Art Institute
- 2003 Town Hall Gallery